Dedalo Minosse International Prize for commissioning a building, is promoted by ALA - Assoarchitetti and Regione del Veneto*.
The Prize, founded in 1997, is biennial and is currently in its eleventh edition.
The Prize would boost the quality of architecture looking at final result, analysing and focusing on project and constructive plan process and giving a special attention to people who determine the success of the work: the architect and the client, supported by the project executors (the building firms) and the public administrations.
*Regional initiative pursuant to Regional Law 49/1978
The Jury assigns the following awards:
- the Dedalo Minosse International Prize, to a Client who commissioned a professional Architect from any country in the world;
- the Dedalo Minosse International Prize OCCAM - Under 40, to a Client who commissioned a young professional Architect from any country in the world;
- the ALA - Assoarchitetti Fondazione Inarcassa Prize, to a Client who commissioned an Italian professional Architect;
- the ALA - Assoarchitetti Prize - Under 40, to a Client who commissioned a young Italian professional Architect.
The Jury will also assign other special awards, allocated by Patron bodies and sponsors. In the judgement of the works, the focus will be on the following topics:
- social sustainability;
- economic sustainability;
- works inspired by Design for All;
- use of the natural light;
- enhancement and conservation of the environment, the landscape and the architectural heritage;
- use of innovative technologies and materials;
- use of renewable energy and resources;
- promotion of traditions and local languages;
- multidisciplinary planning approach;
- integration between art/architecture.